Sunday, March 29, 2020

Monday March 30th



Bring it on Week 3, we got this!!!!!!!!!

*We will have another class Meet today at 2:00 p.m.  You can join our meet at the following link.*

To join the video meeting, click this link: https://meet.google.com/aew-qjco-gdh

Otherwise, to join by phone, dial +1 470-499-3915 and enter this PIN: 547 390 929#


E-Learning Lessons:

Math: 

Spelling:
  • Complete only page 168 in cursive.
    • You need to seperate the words according to their vowel consonant vowel pattern (VCV).
    • You will draw a dash in between the vowel and the Second consonant.  It will look like this: cab-in, rob-in, cov-er.
  • Missed/Fixed Work: The following need to fix or send me their Unit 26 spelling paragraphs.  Check your Google Docs for my comments.
    • Max - fix
    • Paul - missing
    • Anthony - fix
    • Abhay - fix

Phonics:
  • Complete page 139 in cursive.
  • Fill in the bubbles And write the word on the line.

Language Arts:
  • Read p. 162-163 on Drawing Conclusions.
  • Complete p. 63 #1-5 from your Language Arts workbook pages.

English:
  • Read p. 126 on Important Details and p. 127 on Being Specific, complete Activity A.  Write the letter of the line that is not an important detail
  • Complete the “Parts of Speech” BrainPop on your page.  This is due by Wednesday.

Religion:
  • We will still continue our daily Bible reading during the season of Lent, it will just look a little differently than what we normally see in the classroom.
  • Our reading for the day comes from John 8:12-20.
    • Dispute Over Jesus’ Testimony
    • 12 When Jesus spoke again to the people, he said, “I am the light of the world. Whoever follows me will never walk in darkness, but will have the light of life.”
    • 13 The Pharisees challenged him, “Here you are, appearing as your own witness; your testimony is not valid.”
    • 14 Jesus answered, “Even if I testify on my own behalf, my testimony is valid, for I know where I came from and where I am going. But you have no idea where I come from or where I am going. 15 You judge by human standards; I pass judgment on no one. 16 But if I do judge, my decisions are true, because I am not alone. I stand with the Father, who sent me. 17 In your own Law it is written that the testimony of two witnesses is true. 18 I am one who testifies for myself; my other witness is the Father, who sent me.”
    • 19 Then they asked him, “Where is your father?”
    • “You do not know me or my Father,” Jesus replied. “If you knew me, you would know my Father also.” 20 He spoke these words while teaching in the temple courts near the place where the offerings were put. Yet no one seized him, because his hour had not yet come.
  • Complete p. 128.  Use the word search to help you find the hidden message in “Show What You Know”, read Pray Today, and respond with your findings for Question Corner (ask your family when they will ask for God’s blessings this week).

Social Studies:
  • Read p. 136-140 in your Social Studies textbooks.  You can follow along with my reading at the following Educreations link:  https://www.educreations.com/lesson/view/battlefield-new-jersey/52749373/?ref=link
  • Complete the worksheet titled “Battlefield New Jersey” (It is the Venn Diagram).  You do not need to rewrite the whole sentence, just write the number in the correct space.
  • As per our Meet on Friday, you must come up with something that relates to the state of New Jersey using the letter of the alphabet I give you.  You are to find pictures of it, information on it, links on the internet about it. Make sure you put everything you write in your own words. This work is due by Friday.  Here is the list of letters:


Early Finishers:
Finished early?  Want something fun or challenging to do?  Find below a list of things you can do when you are done with our regular class/home work.

  • Explore the Science and Social Studies section on IXL.
  • If you’re interested in the world of coding, go to the following site.  Free for grades K-12. https://code.org/
  • Have you always wanted to be an astronaut or see how they train?  Watch this virtual tour of NASA. https://youtu.be/gk0ijHIP3hw
  • Please check the Art and Spanish blog and complete the assignments that have been put up.  
  • Work on the Energy Saver packet that is in your ELearning folder.

Have a great day and God Bless,
Mrs. Rowland


Friday May 3rd

Dear Parents and Students, Homework: Spelling/Vocabulary:   Unit 15 Vocabulary is due next week.  We will take our Unit 15 assessment on Fri...