Monday, March 16, 2020

Tuesday March 17th



~*Hello Everyone!  I hope yesterday’s lessons and work went off without a hitch.  I’m sure you are all doing fantastic*~

~*PLEASE READ:  We are now required to take attendance daily.  This is just to cover ourselves in the event anything needs to be reported at a later date.  I have put a Google Form together that you can log into and take your attendance. Please click on the “Present” circle, and fill out the names of both the student and parent.  If you are unable to fill this form out, please email me your attendance. Please don’t message me with it on the Remind app, email keeps a more accurate account of messages. Click the following link to take your attendance :



E-Learning Lessons:

Math: 
  • Read and review p. 306 in your textbook on multiples.  

  • Complete p. 307 practice problems #2-24 even and #31-35.
  • Then complete workbook p. 112 all.
  • Go to IXL and do 15 problems from D.6 Choose the multiples of a given number up to 12.  If you can’t search it, go to the 4th grade tab and scroll down to D. Multiplication. Then click on the number 6 to practice multiples.  I will check that everyone has completed the 15 problems tonight.

Spelling:
  • Complete only page 157 in Unit 25.  Please make sure you write in cursive.

Phonics:
  • Complete page 130 in cursive.  You are practicing singular and plural possessives.

Language Arts:
  • Please read p. 158-161 in your Reading Street books.
  • Complete workbook p. 57 #1-5 in cursive handwriting to practice Cause and Effect.  

English:
  • Read p. 388 on Proper Adjectives.  Complete Exercise 1 and 2 identifying Proper adjectives and the nouns they describe.
  • Complete workbook p. 56 on Proper Adjectives in cursive.

Religion:
  • We will still continue our daily Bible reading during the season of Lent, it will just look a little differently than what we normally see in the classroom.
  • Our reading for the day comes from Matthew 18:21-35.
    • The Parable of the Unmerciful Servant

    • 21 Then Peter came to Jesus and asked, “Lord, how many times shall I forgive my brother or sister who sins against me? Up to seven times?”
    • 22 Jesus answered, “I tell you, not seven times, but seventy-seven times.[g]
    • 23 “Therefore, the kingdom of heaven is like a king who wanted to settle accounts with his servants. 24 As he began the settlement, a man who owed him ten thousand bags of gold[h] was brought to him. 25 Since he was not able to pay, the master ordered that he and his wife and his children and all that he had be sold to repay the debt.
    • 26 “At this the servant fell on his knees before him. ‘Be patient with me,’ he begged, ‘and I will pay back everything.’ 27 The servant’s master took pity on him, canceled the debt and let him go.
    • 28 “But when that servant went out, he found one of his fellow servants who owed him a hundred silver coins.[i] He grabbed him and began to choke him. ‘Pay back what you owe me!’ he demanded.
    • 29 “His fellow servant fell to his knees and begged him, ‘Be patient with me, and I will pay it back.’
    • 30 “But he refused. Instead, he went off and had the man thrown into prison until he could pay the debt. 31 When the other servants saw what had happened, they were outraged and went and told their master everything that had happened.
    • 32 “Then the master called the servant in. ‘You wicked servant,’ he said, ‘I canceled all that debt of yours because you begged me to. 33 Shouldn’t you have had mercy on your fellow servant just as I had on you?’ 34 In anger his master handed him over to the jailers to be tortured, until he should pay back all he owed.
    • 35 “This is how my heavenly Father will treat each of you unless you forgive your brother or sister from your heart.”
  • Read p. 120-121.  Complete p. 121 “We Respond” in cursive.  You can write a song, poem, or just a short thought that praises the Lord.

Science:
  • With the help of the Light and Sound chapter starting on page B91, the Light and Sound Study guide, and any other materials you may have at home, complete the Light and Sound Test p. 99-100.

Something Fun!  
  • Since its St. Patrick’s Day, complete the Pot of Gold paper telling me who you are lucky to have in your life and why.  I know I would write how I am so lucky to have all of you as my students!! Color it, cut it out, and hang it somewhere in your house to get you in the St. Patrick’s Day spirit.
  • While you are writing and coloring, watch the following video on St. Patrick and why we celebrate this day.


God Bless,
Mrs. Rowland

Friday April 19th

  ~* Please sign and return your child's Lake Hopatcong Foundation field trip form and return it as soon as possible.  This is a non cha...